A Security Engineer at Verimatrix participates in the security integration of our multiple products into hardware platforms for use by our clients and partners. He also designs and codes new software and processes to integrate new security methods and hardware platforms. Our product suite enables content protection and security for video delivered via satellite, cable, or the Internet. The security engineer collaborates with his/her teammates and our hardware and software partners in security to deliver high-performing, scalable, high-quality products. A successful engineer will be proactive, interactive, creative, and flexible. The engineer will need to learn and understand the entire Verimatrix product suite as well as gain deep technical knowledge of set top box integrations. The security engineer will work with Verimatrix partners, suppliers, and customers frequently so the engineer needs excellent communication skills and a professional manner. We are a global company and appreciate people with global awareness and knowledge.
Some tasks the integration engineer will have:
- Design software, test case and processes to certify new security hardware and software components
- Do boot loader and chipset integration on embedded platforms.
- Adopt and extend software clients to ingest additional security technologies.
- Design algorithms, protocols, ciphers and software modules to comprise security related functionality with focus on client software but having end to end application in mind.
- Design and develop infrastructure for secure key management and signing
- Communicate with hardware manufacturers about hardware integration tools and documentation
- Assist with security reviews of implementation and hardware configuration
- Draft technical documents, such as design documents, integration manuals
- Set up SDK’s debugging environments and develop boards
- Support other teams on product security and technical issues such as product usage, sample, problem analysis
- Assist with or do technical breach analysis
- Provide appropriate status to the different audiences
- Correct software defects
- Provide tier 3 technical support as needed
- Others as assigned
This position reports to VP Security.
- 3-5 years software engineering work experience
- 2 or more years C software development experience
- 2 or more years embedded software development experience, particularly in Linux or android set top boxes
- Exposure to:
- Low-level programming (boot loader, coding on hardware or on top of driver level)
- Cryptology (ciphers, signing processes, certificates, etc.)
- Secure hardware coding and configuration
- Linux experience from bootloader to kernel to drivers to application programming
- Strong analytical skills
- Debugging skills
- Basic knowledge about reverse engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including documentation in English
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/electrical engineering or related field or equivalent experience
Each of the following would be a plus
- Copy control
- Digital Rights Management
- German language proficiency
- ISO 7816 chip card technology
- Java coding experience
- RS-232 programming
- Security protocols, cryptography, PKI, SSL/TLS experience
- Service-oriented architecture
- Video Conditional Access Systems
- Video standards such as: DECE/UltraViolet, MPEG2/4, AVC, H.264, MPEG DASH, HTTP Live Streaming, PlayReady, Marlin and RTSP
- Video watermarking
- Working knowledge of commercial security analysis and protection tools
Verimatrix specializes in securing and enhancing revenue for multi-screen digital TV services around the globe. The award-winning and independently audited Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) and ViewRight® solutions offer an innovative approach for cable, satellite, terrestrial and IPTV operators to cost-effectively extend their networks and enable new business models.