A Scrum Product Owner (SPO) at Verimatrix helps drive the creation and development of a large product suite that enables content protection and security for video delivered via satellite, cable, or the Internet. In this role, the SPO needs to weigh tradeoffs, clarify requirements, and create user stories throughout the Agile software development lifecycle. The SPO will work directly with our stakeholders, particularly our product managers, as well as with the scrum teams to ensure successful translation of requirements into high-quality software products. The SPO acts as the primary interface between the product stakeholders and the scrum team and therefore must be highly available to the scrum team. A successful SPO will be proactive, interactive, creative, and flexible. We are a global company and appreciate people with global awareness and knowledge (languages other than English are a bonus).
The SPO for our analytics products should have industry experience and technical knowledge of a variety of analytics technologies including Hadoop, Flume, Spark. The analytics SPO should understand the release cycles and practices of the major vendors in this space. In addition, the analytics SPO should have experience with the analytics vendors and market.
Some tasks the Scrum Product Owner will have:
- Execute product vision to completion working with one or more scrum teams
- Work closely with the product management and software architects to develop and maintain deep understanding of product vision and priorities as well as software architecture and design.
- Derive actionable user stories for the scrum teams from the business feature functionality presented by product management
- Collaborate with our operations and customer care teams to understand the support needs and issues
- Lead the sprint planning and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities in conjunction with the scrum master
- Demonstrate developed functionality during stakeholder review at the end of each sprint
- Understand and clearly communicate the requirements of our product suite to the scrum teams as it exists today and as we want it to develop
- Maintain the functional quality of the product suite by setting and evaluating expectations and acceptance criteria
This position reports to a manager within the engineering team.
- 5-7 years work experience in enterprise software lifecycle (in a capacity such as product management, business analysis, development, test)
- 3-5 years experience as a Scrum Product Owner in an Agile, particularly scrum, software lifecycle (CSPO, PSPO, or SAFe PM/PO strongly desired)
- Understanding of software architecture and design, cloud technologies, client /server distributed technologies, C/C++/Java, networking, multi-threading, OOD/OOP, data storage technologies (RDMS, Hadoop, etc.)
- Ability to completely understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making throughout the organization without formal reporting structure authority
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills
- Bachelors degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
Each of the Following would be a Plus:
- Analytics development
- Data visualization / data science training or experience
- Experience in a mission-critical high-availability environment
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Security protocols, cryptography, PKI, SSL/TLS experience
- Service-oriented architecture
- Software engineering experience (hands on development/programming)
- Virtualization and cloud deployed technology stacks
Verimatrix specializes in securing and enhancing revenue for multi-screen digital TV services around the globe. The award-winning and independently audited Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) and ViewRight® solutions offer an innovative approach for cable, satellite, terrestrial and IPTV operators to cost-effectively extend their networks and enable new business models.