The Verimatrix Security Labs team is recruiting a Lead Anti-Piracy Analyst and Breach Response Manager to join our team. The Security team is providing a service to our Pay TV customers focused on detection, analysis, and response to piracy and security breaches impacting their business.
Position Summary: The Lead Anti-Piracy Analyst is one of the critical roles within Verimatrix’s Security team. The position will be leading a team that is responsible for providing security, anti-piracy and breach response services for Pay TV operators. This position will report to the VP of Security or the CTO.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain a good understanding of the multimedia and PayTV content threat landscape;
- Lead security incident detection and analysis activities by responding to security breaches and deploying related counter-measures; lead attack analysis and investigation projects with other team members and other departments;
- Maintain a good technical understanding of the Verimatrix technology and overall infrastructures/technologies used for delivering Pay TV services;
- Identify malicious web sites, blogs and underground fora, and analyze latest vulnerabilities and exploits related to service or content theft;
- Aggregate and process of log files, database reports, clone detection tools, watermarking detection tools and data provided by other teams or third-parties; analyze compromised devices and applications;
- Collaborate with external teams of our partners (device manufacturers, system integrators and content owners) and customers during incident investigations and countermeasure deployment;
- Generate timely and accurate reports that help customers and partners better understand content piracy information and drive actions;
- Collaborate with internal groups (engineering, product development, sales and operations groups) to contribute and/or drive anti-piracy initiatives; help drive ongoing security requirements and design continuous improvements to anti-piracy tools, policies, processes and automation;
- Research to stay up to date on the latest digital piracy methods, trends and business models;
- Knowledge sharing both internally and externally, attending security and anti-piracy conferences and customer events
- Participate in international standards activities and anti-piracy organizations such as AAPA and CASBAA.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in computer science or communications or equivalent;
- Minimum 3-5 years professional experience in Pay TV business or IT security sector;
- Knowledge of pay TV, DVB, IPTV and OTT streaming technology required; understanding of video delivery standards such as MPEG strongly preferred;
- Understanding of the underlying technologies within operating systems, specifically Linux, Android, iOS and Windows; knowledge of cloud technologies, especially AWS, is desirable;
- Understanding of networking and TCP/IP related protocols including analysis and scanning tools is required; understanding of DOS, MITM and other attacks is desired;
- Understanding of security protocols such as SSL/TLS, SSH; high-level knowledge of cryptographic algorithms such as AES, RSA, SHA required; and code signing and secure boot mechanisms preferred; knowledge of corresponding cipher and protocol attacks is desirable;
- Knowledge of hardware and software attacks is desirable and experience analyzing these attacks is desirable;
- Excellent problem-solving skills is a must; ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines; flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities;
- Strong communication, excellent technical writing skills, organizational skills and presentation skills;
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment; possess a high level of ingenuity and intellectual curiosity;
- Must exhibit the high personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics;
- Due to the nature of the anti-piracy work, candidate’s flexibility is essential and will occasionally include evening and weekend work including foreign travel;
- Attention to details, perseverance, creative thinking, problem solving, self-motivated and independent
- Optional: CISSP or SANS qualification a plus
Languages: Very good written and spoken knowledge of English is mandatory; knowledge of other foreign languages is a plus.
Verimatrix specializes in securing and enhancing revenue for multi-screen digital TV services around the globe. The award-winning and independently audited Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) and ViewRight® solutions offer an innovative approach for cable, satellite, terrestrial and IPTV operators to cost-effectively extend their networks and enable new business models.