A Lead Test and Certification Engineer at Verimatrix leads the certifications of our multiple products into devices for use by our clients and partners. The Lead Engineer provides both technical direction and daily work tasks to the test teams to deliver high-performing, scalable, high-quality products. The Lead Engineer will work with Verimatrix partners, suppliers, and customers frequently so he/she needs excellent communication skills and a professional manner.
To be successful in this role, you must be proactive, flexible, have high level of attention to detail and ability to drive improvements. We are a global company and appreciate people with global awareness and experience.
Some leadership tasks the Lead Engineer will have:
- Provide technical leadership to the test and certification teams
- Set priorities, estimates, plans, and direct all test and certification tasks to meet corporate goals
- Improve the test and certification process and strategy to improve efficiency
- Work with supervisors in other departments to resolve problems and facilitate test and certification efforts
- Oversee customer escalations related to test and certification
Some tasks the Lead Engineer will have:
- Plan, design and execute test suites, and accurately and concisely report test results.
- Communicate internally and externally about the certification process, requirements and documentation
- Create and review requirements, test cases, test plans and other documentation
- Work closely with the development teams, project management, and product owners
- Set up DVB and IP equipment for video content security tests
- Lead development, configuration and maintenance of test harness and/or test equipment
- Lead and mentor others in all the above
- Provide tier 3 technical support as needed
- Others as assigned
This position reports to a Client Integration Manager.
- 3 or more years of test lead experience
- 6 or more years software testing experience
- Excellent analytical skills including root cause analysis in both software bugs and in processes
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
- Excellent ability to work independently, in a team, and in leading a team
- Demonstrated attention to detail and high-levels of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including documentation in English
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/electrical engineering or related field or equivalent experience
Each of the Following would be a Plus
- Agile software development lifecycle experience
- Scripting/programming skills in at least one scripting language like Perl, ruby, etc.
- Digital Rights Management, Conditional Access
- DVB / IP Video Streaming
- Professional certifications/professional growth achievements
- Security protocols, cryptography, PKI, SSL/TLS experience
- Video standards such as: MPEG2/4, AVC, H.264, MPEG DASH, HTTP Live Streaming, PlayReady, and RTSP
- Video watermarking
- Working knowledge of commercial security analysis and protection tools
Verimatrix specializes in securing and enhancing revenue for multi-screen digital TV services around the globe. The award-winning and independently audited Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) and ViewRight® solutions offer an innovative approach for cable, satellite, terrestrial and IPTV operators to cost-effectively extend their networks and enable new business models.