The Manager, Sales Operations will play a key role in directing the Sales organization toward strategic goals and operational effectiveness to meet revenue, operational and strategic goals. The Manager, Sales Operations will also work closely with marketing, global services, order fulfillment and finance to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within all levels of the sales team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintain and report Company KPIs, make recommendations and drive sales process improvements by implementing scalable, repeatable data driven processes
- Collaborate with sales leaders and own the sales forecast and pipeline analysis to provide an accurate forecast of future revenue performance
- Drive the weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reporting process
- Lead high priority initiatives including strategic planning, sales and marketing joint planning, territory optimization and reporting on KPIs
- Partner with the global sales team to drive efficient operational processes
- Support senior sales executives in developing / delivering key presentations and meetings for the executive team and board
- Collaborate with the Chief Sales & Marketing Officer to learn and understand proper business judgment to lead Sales Operation
- Work in cooperation with Inside Sales, Order Processing and Finance department personnel to analyze the sales function, prepare forecasting and track sales team performance
- Design, build, modify sales reports, ensuring data cleanliness for senior management and our global sales team
Sales Operations is responsible for ensuring that:
- Sales Operations and associated administrative duties are performed accurate and timely
- Timely and accurate reporting as requested by the Chief Sales & Marketing Officer
- Assisting Regional Sales VPs and Managers on an as needed basis to prepare forecasts and assess performance against expectations
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Sales Operations Staff
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Seven or more years of related experience in Sales Operations or sales support within a FP&A department of a medium-sized company, preferably in the software industry
- Three or more years of sales forecasting experience
- Three or more years managing staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration with Software Industry experience
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint with expert knowledge of Excel (e.g., analysis, costing, reporting, tables, macros, pivot tables, etc.)
- Proficient with Salesforce reporting in order to prepare a comprehensive picture of the sales pipeline
- Exceptional quantitative skills with deep experience modeling complex forecasts and maintaining dashboards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player and ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Willing to travel if required <10%
The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms, and use close vision.
Work is performed indoors, typically in an air-conditioned building. Moderate noise level due to light traffic, computers, printers, fax/copy machines.
Verimatrix specializes in securing and enhancing revenue for multi-screen digital TV services around the globe. The award-winning and independently audited Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) and ViewRight® solutions offer an innovative approach for cable, satellite, terrestrial and IPTV operators to cost-effectively extend their networks and enable new business models.