A DevOps Engineer I at Verimatrix supports the creation, deployment and operations of a large product suite that enables content protection and security for video delivered via satellite, cable or the Internet. The DevOps Engineer collaborates with his/her teammates to build, test, deliver, and monitor high-performing, scalable, high-quality products. In this role, the Engineer will work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems, help automate and streamline our operations and processes, and build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. A successful Engineer will be proactive, interactive, creative and flexible. We are a global company and appreciate people with global awareness and knowledge (languages other than English are a bonus).
Some tasks the DevOps Engineer I will have:
- Help manage our DevOps CI/CD build & release tools such as SVN, GIT, ANT, Maven, Puppet, Jenkins, Ansible etc.
- Linux System Administration and Engineering (RedHat, Centos, Ubuntu etc.)
- System monitoring with tools such as Nagios, Incinga, MRTG or RRDtool
- Virtualization and containerization with AWS, KVM, VMWare, OpenStack and/or Docker
- Helping to ensure information security best practices
- Others as assigned
This position reports to a technical manager within the engineering team.
- 2 years’ experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Git, GitLab, Puppet etc.
- 2 years’ Linux Systems Engineering, DevOps, IT and/or relevant software engineering experience
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (particularly Amazon Web Services and OpenStack)
- Working understanding of code and scripting (Bash, Python, Ansible, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in a highly available service environment
- Experience troubleshooting server related I/O, CPU, Memory, Disk performance issues
- Capacity planning and upgrading of RHEL and other Linux systems
- Experience with Infrastructure security
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
Each of the Following would be a Plus:
- Experience with AWS, OpenShift and/or Openstack
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and Hip Chat
- Experience with automated testing tools and Ansible
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Oracle, MongoDB etc.
- Familiarity with IP networking
- Digital Rights Management
- Security protocols, cryptography, PKI, SSL/TLS experience
- Service-oriented architecture
- SNMP, LDAP, SOAP, DNS, SMB etc.
- Video Conditional Access Systems
- Video standards such as: DECE/UltraViolet, MPEG2/4, AVC, H.264, MPEG DASH, HTTP Live Streaming, PlayReady, Marlin and RTSP
- Video watermarking
- Windows Media
Verimatrix specializes in securing and enhancing revenue for multi-screen digital TV services around the globe. The award-winning and independently audited Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) and ViewRight® solutions offer an innovative approach for cable, satellite, terrestrial and IPTV operators to cost-effectively extend their networks and enable new business models.