The function of the Deal Desk is to provide direct support to the Sales Team, Functional Managers and the sales order process as a whole in the analysis, development and approval of quotes for existing and prospective Verimatrix partners and customers to ensure that the Sales department is able to meet its growth and profitability targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Use guidelines and strategies of management to maintain proper margins, profits and terms in all Verimatrix proposals, quotes and transactions prior to their submission to customers, partners or prospects
- Complete and maintain accurate records of approved deals and communications with customers
- Conduct quality checks to ensure enforcement of approvals and proposal terms
- Develop all quotations and approvals in cooperation with Inside Sales and Sales Managers based on identified sales strategy and information collected from customers and partners
- Participate in management meetings and take responsibility for sales deal desk and other assigned action items
- Work with Legal to align deal desk quotes, booking of orders, and reporting to be above reproach and error free with regard to both adds and deletes of customer and partner contracts
- Collaborate with the Chief Sales & Marketing Officer to learn and understand proper business judgments to lead to self-sufficiency in deal desk processing
- Perform reporting functions on an ongoing and timely basis including summary of type, region, value and product type of approved Quotes, Bookings and Renewals that the Deal Desk processed
- Work in cooperation with Delivery teams, Inside Sales, Order Processing and Finance department personnel in fulfillment of orders as needed.
The Deal Desk is responsible for ensuring that:
- All of the duties of the position are completed as per the job description
- Sales deal desk and associated administrative duties are performed accurate and timely
- Collecting data and reporting as requested by the Chief Sales & Marketing Officer
- Assisting Regional Sales VPs and Managers on an as needed basis in deal desk and pricing strategies
- Coordinating with Global Services to ensure performance obligations can be met for the customer’s order.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Deal Desk Staff
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Five or more years of Sales Department experience and knowledge
- Three or more years of experience managing a deal desk staff
- Two or more years of experience in the deal desk of a software company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with Software Industry experience
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel (e.g., analysis, costing, reporting, tables, macros, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience working with Salesforce helpful
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Team player and ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Willing to travel if required <10%
The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms, and use close vision.
Work is performed indoors, typically in an air-conditioned building. Moderate noise level due to light traffic, computers, printers, fax/copy machines.
Verimatrix specializes in securing and enhancing revenue for multi-screen digital TV services around the globe. The award-winning and independently audited Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) and ViewRight® solutions offer an innovative approach for cable, satellite, terrestrial and IPTV operators to cost-effectively extend their networks and enable new business models.