A QA Manager at Verimatrix helps lead the creation of a large product suite that enables content protection and security for video delivered via satellite, cable, or the Internet. The manager collaborates with his/her team and peers to deliver high-performing, scalable, high-quality products. The manager should enjoy working through the software development lifecycle. A successful manager will be proactive, interactive, creative, and flexible.
This position is responsible for advocating for quality across the organization with particular focus on building and managing the system testing of Verimatrix software products. This includes reviewing and scheduling work requests, participating in scope definition for the products, driving the technical direction of testing software products, contributing to and approving requirements, scheduling product versions, managing an international team of software test engineers, and co-ordinating with all the other teams involved in the product development lifecycle to produce a product that meets our business and quality needs.
The QA Manager works with the QA Director as part of the cross-functional product development lifecycle (PDLC) team to promote increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of our processes. As part of the program and portfolio teams, the QA Manager helps identify, prioritize, and manage our portfolio and program efforts for a single agile release train.
The QA Manager will need to learn and understand the entire Verimatrix product suite for their release train, as well as gain technical knowledge of the entire system of Verimatrix Solutions. We are a global company and appreciate people with global awareness and knowledge (languages other than English are a bonus).
Some tasks the QA Manager will have:
- Contribute to developing a world-class international software testing engineering team
- Includes recruiting, training, and mentoring of software test engineers and other technical specialists
- Provides meaningful performance feedback to his/her direct reports including annual personnel reviews
- Works with each direct report to set and achieve annual goals
- Empowers/coordinates teams to meet the product and project objectives
- Interacts with other Engineering managers to ensure compatibility with other company produced software, co-ordinate software releases, and remove roadblocks for the train.
- Lead the organization’s strategy for automation testing as well as advocating for automation testing across the product lifecycle to improve the product quality throughout the process
- Understands the complexity and intricacies of software testing methodologies and software development plan(s)
- Understands the breadth of Verimatrix products and how they integrate in the ecosystem, so as to guide/prioritize the work better, and to better enable cross-team communication
- Plans and organizes regular team training and team meetings as needed
- Participates with and leads others in achieving department goals
- Co-ordinates third tier technical support and provides assistance to our technical support team
- Contributes to setting and maintaining the department budget
- Works with the Engineering management team to contribute to developing and implements Engineering policies and procedures
- Ensures that all Engineering policies and procedures are fully explained and implemented and that the team adheres to all Engineering policies and procedures
- Other assignments as may be provided
This position reports to the Director of QA within the Engineering team.
- Minimum ten years of experience in software engineering/QA in a full lifecycle environment as a software QA engineer
- Minimum five years experience leading a team of at least 10 software QA engineers
- Minimum two years building and maintaining automation test suites
- Must be an effective communicator both verbally and in written language with experience in writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Must have a solid understanding of software engineering practices including a demonstrated commitment to software testing context-driven practices required.
- Self-directed and independent worker and leader. Must be able to take a direction from supervisor, flesh it out, and implement it without direct supervision.
- Prior cloud based application testing
- Recent experience leading testing in:
- Cloud/always on products (ie AWS)
- Network (TCP, UDP, LB, etc.)
- Client/server distributed architecture
- Hadoop / Relational Databases
- Programming / Test-Automation experience definition
- Ruby (or equivalent)
- Java, C++, Perl Python
- Shell Scripting
- Capable of analyzing and interpreting professional journals or technical procedures
- Must be able to lead meetings and present to groups of at least 50 people
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
Each of the Following would be a Plus:
- Android, iOS, or other mobile testing
- Analytics testing
- Digital Rights Management
- Experience in agile methodology
- Further professional certifications/professional growth achievements
- Load/Performance/Longevity testing
- Oracle RAC
- Redundant systems
- Rest Web Services
- Security protocols, cryptography, PKI, SSL/TLS experience
- Service-oriented architecture
- Video Conditional Access Systems
Verimatrix specializes in securing and enhancing revenue for multi-screen digital TV services around the globe. The award-winning and independently audited Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) and ViewRight® solutions offer an innovative approach for cable, satellite, terrestrial and IPTV operators to cost-effectively extend their networks and enable new business models.