A Software Engineer I at Verimatrix participates in the creation of a large product suite that enables content protection and security for video delivered via satellite, cable, or the Internet. The software engineer collaborates with his/her teammates to deliver high-performing, scalable, high-quality products. The engineer should enjoy working through the software development lifecycle. A successful engineer will be proactive, interactive, creative, and flexible. The engineer will need to learn and understand the entire Verimatrix product suite as well as gain deep technical knowledge of particular solutions in the group he/she joins. We are a global company and appreciate people with global awareness and knowledge (languages other than English are a bonus).
Some tasks the software engineer will have:
- Design and develop software for managing premium video content in various environments
- Participate and lead discussions dealing with architectures, specifications, requirements, testing and design reviews
- Implement designs, write code, write and perform unit tests, integrate into our distributed video security system and follow deliverables through the product design/development lifecycle
- Develop new algorithms and software, analyze, review, and re-architect current designs in order to create new capabilities as well as improve performance, efficiency, and sustainability
- Estimate and plan development tasks, improve development processes and tools to meet corporate targets
- Provide tier 3 technical support as needed
- Others as assigned
This position reports to a technical manager within the development team.
- 3-5 years software engineering work experience
- 3 or more years C/C++ and/or Java design and coding experience (more than 1 language is a big plus)
- Significant programming experience using Multi-threading and Client/server distributed architecture
- Experience using Object-oriented programming techniques
- Solid communication skills including documentation
- Server and application programming in Linux
- Experience with software version control systems such as Git or Subversion.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
Each of the Following would be a Plus
- Agile software development experience
- Network programming using TCP, UDP, etc.
- Experience using Tomcat, TomEE, ActiveMQ, Camel, EJB, Docker, and/or Distributed Caches
- Experience using SOAP and/or REST interfaces
- Experience with developing for cloud/virtualization technologies (Amazon Web Services, VMware, KVM, OpenStack, etc.)
- Working understanding of scripting languages (Bash, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Development experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases (administration experience also a bonus)
- Digital Rights Management
- Knowledge of security technologies including firewalls, IPS, Web Security, security protocols, cryptography, PKI, SSL/TLS experience
- Service-oriented architecture
Verimatrix specializes in securing and enhancing revenue for multi-screen digital TV services around the globe. The award-winning and independently audited Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) and ViewRight® solutions offer an innovative approach for cable, satellite, terrestrial and IPTV operators to cost-effectively extend their networks and enable new business models.