A Technical Project Manager at Verimatrix is a highly visible, customer-facing team member responsible for managing complex, multi-phase high-profile, and mission-critical customer projects for our customers, partners and resellers.
The Technical Project Manager represents Verimatrix in the planning and execution of our content protection and analytics solutions for cable, satellite, IPTV, and InternetTV operators worldwide. The Technical Project Manager has experience in software and/or hardware project management, where they structure timelines, milestones, deliverables, risks and proxy information on behalf of the company to all levels of an organization internally and externally. A successful Technical Project Manager will be proactive, driven, creative, interactive, communicative, a strong critical thinker, and flexible to anticipate questions and issues that customers and partners may encounter, and provide the pertinent information back to the Sales, Operations, Product Management, Engineering, and Quality Assurance teams.
We have hundreds of customers in 96 countries and appreciate people with global awareness and knowledge, so fluency in other languages is a bonus. Our ISO 9001 certified company provides 24x7x365 support for customers and partners around the world. Verimatrix headquarters are located in San Diego, California with regional offices in Munich and Singapore.
Some tasks the Technical Project Manager will include, but are not limited to:
- Has ownership of project artifacts such as SOW, schedules, change management plans, and cross-department project progress reporting.
- Responsible for all project management activities, customer communication and project deliverables for assigned customer implementations.
- Breaking down large, complex, complicated, mission-critical projects into smaller milestones and actionable phases to help reduce risk and better guarantee success for all stakeholders.
- Work with customers, resellers, partners, support personnel, and other technical staff on project implementation, design, configuration, optimization, migration, troubleshooting and ongoing maintenance of Verimatrix’s products both on-site and remotely.
- Identify, document, and present on potential customer-facing risks during planning and implementation phases.
- Lead project specific workshops with our customers and partners, as well as maintain regular face-to-face meetings and conference calls as necessary to ensure project success.
- Collaborate and coordinate project related deliverables with the Product Management, Engineering, and Quality Assurance teams to steward product improvements and issues resolution.
- Share technical knowledge and skills throughout the department and Company by creating knowledge base articles, best practices documentation, and training materials.
- Ability to develop a strong working relationship with Sales, Product Management, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Operations teams and partner vendors to achieve exceptional customer satisfaction levels.
- Thrives in a self-directed environment where solutions are sought-out rather than pre-packaged.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and meet tight deadlines with a significant workload in high-ambiguity, high-volatility environments that demand adaptability and a strong sense of urgency.
- Advanced critical-thinking, problem-solving capabilities, high attention to detail and ability to think in systems.
- Ability to maintain a professional, positive, “can-do” attitude, poise under intense pressure to perform with extreme reliability.
- Experience leading customer and partner meetings and presenting to C-level executives.
- Strong presentation, meeting facilitation, and communication skills in English across geographies, cultures and time zones.
- 3 - 7 years of experience with end-to-end solutions engineering and managing projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% per month domestically and internationally as necessary
- PMP or CAPM certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Each of the Following would be a Plus:
- Previous broadcast experience with cable, satellite, IPTV or Internet streaming technologies for live and on-demand video content.
- Familiarity with Conditional Access or Digital Rights Management (DRM) experience with Windows Media DRM, RealNetworks Helix, Apple Fairplay, Adobe Flash Access, Marlin, Widevine, Conax, Nagra, NDS, Irdeto, etc.
- Analytics or big-data solutions and related reporting technologies
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Virtualization and cloud deployed technology stacks
- Basic understanding of broadcast network interoperability from Head-End to Home Subscriber
- Embedded software experience on set-top boxes, tablets, smartphones, Internet-connected devices, etc.
- Video standards such as: DECE/Ultraviolet, MPEG-2/MPEG-4 AVC, H.264, MPEG-DASH, HTTP Live Streaming, Microsoft Windows Media / PlayReady, Apple HLS, Marlin and RTSP.
- Previous vendor and/or reseller management and international relationship management experience across one or more cultural regions.
- Business-level fluency in a non-English language.
- MBA or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
Verimatrix specializes in securing and enhancing revenue for multi-screen digital TV services around the globe. The award-winning and independently audited Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) and ViewRight® solutions offer an innovative approach for cable, satellite, terrestrial and IPTV operators to cost-effectively extend their networks and enable new business models.