A Senior Integration Test and Certification Engineer at Verimatrix leads the certification of our multiple products into devices for use by our clients and partners. S/he collaborates with his/her teammates to deliver high-performing, scalable, high-quality products. The successful engineer will be proactive, interactive, creative, and flexible, have high level of attention to detail and not be afraid to make suggestions on improvement. S/he will work with Verimatrix partners, suppliers, and customers frequently so excellent communication skills and a professional manner are essential.
We are a global company and appreciate people with global awareness and experience.
Some tasks the Senior Integration Test and Certification Engineer will have:
- Lead test and certification activities for device integrations.
- Plan, design and execute test suites, and accurately and concisely report test results.
- Communicate with hardware manufacturers about the certification process, requirements and documentation
- Create and review requirements, test cases, and other documentation
- Work closely with the development teams, project management, and product owners
- Develop test strategies and master test plans
- Set up networked (IP) equipment for video content security tests
- Lead development, configuration and maintenance of test harness and/or test equipment
- Lead and mentor others in all the above
- Provide tier 3 technical support as needed
This position reports to Client Integration Manager.
- 6 or more years software testing experience
- Excellent analytical skills including root cause analysis in both software bugs and in processes
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent ability to work independently, in a team, and in leading a team
- Knowledge of network principles and of TCP/UDP/IP technology required
- Demonstrated attention to detail and high-levels of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including documentation in English
- Bachelors degree in computer science/electrical engineering or related field or equivalent experience
Each of the Following would be a Plus
- Agile software development lifecycle experience
- Scripting/programming skills in at least one scripting language like Perl, ruby, etc.
- Digital Rights Management, Conditional Access
- DVB / IP Video Streaming
- Experience testing video products
- Professional certifications/professional growth achievements
- Security protocols, cryptography, PKI, SSL/TLS experience
- Video standards such as: DECE/UltraViolet, MPEG2/4, AVC, H.264, MPEG DASH, HTTP Live Streaming, PlayReady, Marlin and RTSP
- Video watermarking
- Working knowledge of commercial security analysis and protection tools
Verimatrix specializes in securing and enhancing revenue for multi-screen digital TV services around the globe. The award-winning and independently audited Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) and ViewRight® solutions offer an innovative approach for cable, satellite, terrestrial and IPTV operators to cost-effectively extend their networks and enable new business models. To date, Verimatrix products have been used to secure content from major Hollywood studios and to securely distribute broadcast and on-demand video services to over 110 million devices at over 850 operators in more than 110+ countries worldwide. And we’re still growing!