A Global Services Engineer II (GSII) at Verimatrix is a highly-skilled engineer who resolves complex and complicated customer related technical issues while helping other Global Services Engineers build expertise in Verimatrix’s products and services.
The GSII participates in the installation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of Verimatrix’s content protection and security solutions for cable, satellite, IPTV and InternetTV operators worldwide. The ideal GSII comes from a background in *nix system administration and network administration. This engineer excels at having a focused whole-system view of how Verimatrix’s products work within the larger ecosystem of off-the-shelf and custom solutions. A successful GS II will be proactive, interactive, creative, and flexible to anticipate questions and issues customers and partners may have.
We have several hundred customers in 96 countries, and appreciate people with global awareness and knowledge, so fluency in other languages is a bonus. Our team provides 24x7x365 support for customers and partners around the world. Our headquarters are located in San Diego, California with regional offices in Munich and Singapore.
Some tasks the Global Services Engineer II will have include, but are not limited to:
- Work with customer support, and other technical staff on the, configuration, optimization, migration, troubleshooting and ongoing maintenance for Verimatrix’s products.
- Support customer and partner issues reported via Customer Care portal within contractual service level agreement periods.
- Replicate, validate, coordinate and escalate issues to software development, quality assurance, and operations teams to resolve complex customer installation and support issues.
- Share technical knowledge and skills throughout the department and Company by creating knowledge base, wiki articles, and best practices documentation.
- Generate root cause analysis reports for critical and major customer issues that summarize the issue, the chronology of events leading to the fault, investigation and replication steps, corrective actions and verification steps that the issue was permanently corrected.
- Proactively suggest changes to Verimatrix’s products, processes or internal tools to improve efficiency.
- Proactively make recommendations for software platforms and tools the Company should evaluate, test against, etc.
- Providing Level 2 and Level 3 troubleshooting for customer issues.
- Available as part of a 24/7/365 global team via mobile, email and instant messaging to assist with on-call duties and follow-the-sun support rotations.
This position reports to the Technical Support Manager.
- Advanced critical-thinking, problem-solving capabilities, high attention to detail.
- 4 or more years of systems administration experience on Linux or Solaris servers for high-availability database-driven applications.
- 4 or more years of high-availability network administration and troubleshooting experience with Cisco, Juniper, F5 Networks, or Foundry switches, routers, and load balancers.
- Professional, customer-facing written, verbal and presentation skills in English and Spanish.
- Ability to maintain a professional, positive, “can-do” attitude, poise under intense pressure to perform, extreme reliability.
Each of the Following would be a Plus:
- Previous broadcast experience with cable, satellite, IPTV or Internet streaming technologies for live and on-demand video content.
- Systems administration certification in Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Network administration certification from Cisco, Juniper, F5 Networks, Foundry, etc.
- Scripting experience in bash, Ruby, Perl, or Python to assist with occasional tools development.
- SQL database experience with Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL or similar.
- Conditional Access or Digital Rights Management (DRM) experience with Windows Media DRM, RealNetworks Helix, Apple Fairplay, Adobe Flash Access, Marlin, Widevine, Conax, Nagra, NDS, Irdeto, etc.
- Security protocols, server hardening techniques, cryptography, PGP, PKI, SSL/TLS experience.
- Network and log server monitoring experience with SNMP, Syslog, Wireshark, Splunk, etc.
- Familiar with video standards such as: DECE/Ultraviolet, MPEG-2/MPEG-4 AVC, H.264, MPEG-DASH, HTTP Live Streaming, Microsoft Windows Media / PlayReady, Apple HLS, Marlin and RTSP.