Verimatrix is a high-growth software company that operates at the leading edge of the pay-TV industry, protecting movies and television from piracy and hackers, and our customers from theft of service. We are currently deployed at over 875 telco, cable, satellite, and Internet TV operators in 120+ countries around the world, protecting content on over 140M consumer devices such as set-top boxes, PCs, tablets and smartphones. Our Technical Support team members are the face of Verimatrix for providing proactive and responsive technical support on products in an open ecosystem of partners.
In this role, the Director of Global Technical Support owns all of the customer and ecosystem partner-facing technical support for our global customer base, for customers ranging from regional telcos to major international tier-one operators. Your responsibilities are to oversee all aspects of technical support globally for all of our product and service lines, while meeting customer deadlines and ensuring customer support issues are resolved swiftly and professionally within our very strict service-level agreements. You will interact on a daily basis with teams within Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Security, Finance and Legal to remove roadblocks to accelerate revenue and proactively reduce customer support issues and durations.
We are looking for highly-driven candidates seeking the challenge of working at the intersection of entertainment, digital media security, and big data analytics for telco, cable, satellite and Internet TV operators. You should be excited about leading an extremely talented team who are facing extremely complex, global situations under tight deadlines, and leveraging a diverse skillset to find creative solutions to with a can-do, customer-centric attitude. The learning curve will be steep, and you’ll be expected to ramp up quickly.
What You’ll Be Doing Each Day:
- You will have full responsibility for leading and growing a diverse, globally-distributed team of technical support engineers, database administrators, data scientists, network operations center engineers, integration engineers, and contractors globally.
- Coordinating resource allocation with peers in other regions to ensure availability for on-site and remote installation, configuration, testing, troubleshooting, training, maintenance, project management, account management and other support obligations at customer and ecosystem partner locations worldwide.
- Managing customer and ecosystem partner expectations and maintaining ongoing and regular communications to drive enthusiasm for Verimatrix products and services.
- Aggressively measuring and improving upon KPIs, generating reports, dashboards and presentations for the VP of Global Operations, Executive Team and Board of Directors, and presenting such findings and recommendations on a regular basis.
- Participating in cross-functional teams and initiatives including, but not limited to, technical support triage, product roadmap planning, agile software development and release planning, enterprise applications release planning, resource and budget planning.
- Reviewing materials and communications targeting customers and partners to ensure they meet the rigorous standards of Verimatrix professionalism and communications. Such materials include, but are not limited to, statements of work, network architectural diagrams, systems acceptance tests, knowledge base articles, documentation, support cases, root cause analysis reports, training materials, handover documentation, customer reference guides, etc.
- Developing incentives and mechanisms to encourage knowledge transfer across teams.
- Assisting Sales team with customer and ecosystem partner on-site visits, conference calls, and tradeshows, as necessary.
- Reviewing, managing and negotiating service level terms in contracts with customers, resellers and partners.
- Managing an annual financial and headcount budget, and making recommendations for organizational change, resources and training when needed.
- Representing the Technical Support department on behalf of VP of Global Operations when necessary.
What You Need For This Role / Ideal Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent technical experience.
- Previous career experience in software development, managed services, technical support and/or professional services for software-based products.
- Strong customer-facing communication, advocacy and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to stakeholders at various levels from engineer to executive and an ability to defend your recommendations and solutions.
- Sharp critical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Professional written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong sense of self-awareness, emotional intelligence and cultural sensitivity.
- Dedication to growing and coaching your team members to becoming leaders in their careers.
- Meticulously self-organized, annoyingly detail-oriented and metrics-driven.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Available as a 24/7/365 as a point of escalation.
- Experience working with a globally-distributed team of employees and contractors.
- Proven ability to excel under tight deadlines and in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
- A quick wit and sharp sense of humor.
Bonus Points / Nice-To-Haves:
- Experience with video distribution systems (telco, cable, satellite, broadcast and/or streaming media).
- Experience working with or for telcos, large-scale systems integrators and/or professional services consulting firms.
- Experience with public-key (PKI) encryption systems such as PGP.
- Experience with command-line Linux systems administration; virtualization experience such as VMWare, OpenStack; cloud compute solutions such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or Oracle Cloud.
- Experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce.com.
- Fluency or working knowledge of a foreign language.
- MBA or equivalent business administration experience.
For more information about Verimatrix and our mission, visit www.verimatrix.com.